It is the responsibility of the EMPLOYER On Call
stagehand to assist the Department Head, Assistant, Lead, Supervisors and fellow employees during the course of a normal work day whether this position is being utilized as a show track
or as day maintenance. This position is additionally held responsible to ensure the safe working environment with the current
production of SHOW and any special events or projects that may arise while working under the supervision of EMPLOYER. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and EMPLOYER policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
* Maintains workplace, project and site safety
at all times.
* Integrates with other departments for coordination of projects and events.
* Builds and operates sound systems as required.
* Builds and operates lighting systems as required.
* Strong knowledge in theatric scenic painting; builds, modifies, and strikes scenic show elements.
* Loads and unloads entertainment related trucks.
* Operates spotlights FOH
mounted as required.
* Builds and operates video systems as required.
* Builds, modifies, and strikes entertainment related staging.
* Sets/strikes all related entertainment equipment, sound, lights, video, set, wardrobe, furniture and any other related show equipment.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
* One (1) year previous experience in shop work dealing in a theatrical setting.
* Full knowledge in one of the following areas: Audio, Automation, Carpentry, Electrics, Property & Puppets, Rigging and Special Effects.
* Knowledge of all power
tools and hand
* Must withstand activities such as prolonged walking, standing, stairs, stretching, bending, reaching, kneeling, etc
* Hear within a normal range and among distracting high noise levels.
* See with vision
correctable to 20/20 in various lighting conditions.
* Maintain physical and mental stamina when working under pressure when working multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
* Availability to work long hours.
* Adequate reading, writing and mathematical skills.
* Working knowledge of construction/manufacturer methods and materials. Carry a weight of up to 50 pounds.
* Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbal and written form.
* Interpersonal skills to deal with the fellow employees.
* Maintain a profession, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to EMPLOYER standards and work varied shifts to include weekends and holidays.