$1000 for upgrade

I am a HS student at Fair Grove and I am the sound tech director. The school's PTO has given us $1000 for sound equipment! I currently have 6 hanging "choir" mics on stage, but only 3 of them work. I have about 8 wireless headsets and only 1 or 2 work. I am going to be buying some new mics and maybe some 2 way radios. Does anyone have recommendations on mics i should get?
Thanks,
Jacob

May i ask what the 2 way Radios are going to be used for in your mind?

$1000 won't be enough to buy new wireless mics but it may be enough to make your current ones work. What are they? Do you have any idea why they have problems?

Also, consider what will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Look at your needs and typical events throughout a year, and figure out what is most in need/used the most? If all your wireless are only used 1-2 times a year, that may not be the best investment. However, if you find that you use your hanging choir/overheads mics frequently, that might be something worth looking at.

I second what rwhealey said: what are the specific problems with the mics? Careful investigation may reveal some of these problems are not actually broken equipment, but something else. If there is bad equipment, figuring out what specifically will go a long way in determining repair/replacement costs of said equipment.

You have 6 hanging mics over the stage. Where are they? Just spec'd 3 for a choir and they countered with 8. After explaining more is not better, 3 was fine.

Another facility had 10 (yes 10) PCC160's across the front of their 50' wide stage.
When you say only 1 or 2 of the wireless work, what doesn't work? Do they not power on? What brand/model/Mic are they?

A little more info could help us help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back