Design 3 systems 1 Console

OK, so I have what I think are three systems. The main one is a Strand Lighting WallRack (with I think 24 channels). I assume that this only provides dimmers as this is all that is installed on it. This kit has been in school for many years, way before my time and I've only been there 4 years now. There is no manual, and the previous guys that worked it have all left. I am a complete newbie so I am only doing slider up...slider down.

The WallRack kit is all ceilling mounted lights 2 rows on stage and one in front of house (A health and safety nightmare for changing gels!!)

System 2
During our production last year (the first in about 7 years) we order some new kit that would be erected in front of house on tri-pods to give a more 3 dimensional look. This consists of 2 Tri Pods and 8 power cans. This kit came with a multidim unit - picture attached. I have no idea how this actually works!

System 3

Along with the power cans, we also got 2 Profile lights, which came with another console. This one is Light and Easy. But again a little more on the confusing side as to how to set it up. Each time I have used it, has been more out of luck.

I guess my first question is, can all 3 be controlled by one console? If so is this a software solution?
Also, is DMX like sound, in that you can pass through/daisy chain provided that the addressing is correct?

So so many questions hoping you can help she some light.

Thanks

Phil

Here is a manual http://www.strandlighting.com/clientuploads/directory/downloads/wallrack_manual_020207.pdf

The short answer to all your questions is yes - assuming all systems are dmx. Any board or software solution should do what you want easily.

Some systems are not dmx, which are still possible to integrate, but present challenges regarding interface and cost, but I don't think you would have to deal with that.

I would search the forums for recommended software.

Edit- just realized you are in Ireland, which may have a different manual than the one I linked, due to power differences. Functionally, the system probably operates the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back