3D simulation for ETC Mosaic controller

Hi there,

I am programming a complex architectural installation with 3 universes using ETC Mosaic controllers. Unfortunately the built-in controller is only 2D. All fixtures are just simple RGB LEDs. I need some software that shows those RGB fixtures in a simulated 3D space. No need for any fancy beam reflections, etc. just simple circles in a 3D space indicating the position of the RGB fixtures and their programmed color over time.

Does anybody know about a 3rd party software I could use in conjunction with the ETC Mosaic Designer software or the ETC Mosaic Designer controllers? Someone at ETC recommended "Capture" (see Capture I haven't tried it yet but it is rather pricey...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Erwin

The most common term here for that software is "Visualizer" and a search on it should get you a wide range of information and opinions.
Visualizers take data from a controller in DMX or a network protocol like Art-Net or sACN. There are just a few that are dedicated to a particular controller. So as capitalism goes, most controllers work with most visualizers. For Mosaic look for sACN.

Capture has several levels and I believe is generally one of the less expensive options. I've played with it a bit and find some of the methods a bit odd but quite workable. Learning any software can take real work.

Heya!

After a lot of searching and testing trial versions of various software packages I bought the pro version of LumiDMX 3D. Works great and is very affordable - see www.lumidmx.com.
Sirs Electronics, the American distributor they list, actually doesn't sell their products anymore. I ordered the software incl. pro dongle directly from Germany without any problems - see www.thomann.de

Cheers,

Erwin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back