Alesis Masterlink Rack Ears

KBToys82

Hi all, I have an old Masterlink that I still use to record my concerts onto as a backup for the ProTools/Logic recording that I do and since I'm finally getting a portable rack with wheels, I'd like to rack mount it, however I purchased it without rack ears and can't for the life of me find the correct part online. Any ideas?

Are you sure it didn't come with ears separately in the box? Ours did, and usually those things are inside a cardboard wrapper. Anyway, Google "Alesis Masterlink rack ears" and some sources come up.

Worst case scenario, in the event you cannot locate proper ears, bolt/affix the unit to a rack shelf:
proxy.php

I bought mine used from a person who didn't use it in a rack setup. Most google places list it as no longer available or out of stock - along with everything else listed with master link parts.

Since I've never really used a shelf for something that is more than a wireless receiver, would the weight (17 lb) be too much for a shelf?

They look like this (for those playing along at home).
masterlink-rack-ear-2.gif

Someone has a set on ebay for $49.99 which makes the rack shelf look a lot better.

Fastening the unit to the shelf could be easier said than done. I'd spend the money on the ears. If the rack isn't moved around, then the shelf would work fine.

You may be able to find some old piece of equipment with rack ears you can remove and repurpose (albeit with the potential you'd have to drill/tap a couple new holes yourself).

A rack shelf with holes isn't a bad idea. We use these clamp shelves all the time and use zip ties through the hole patterns to keep the equipment secured to the shelf. If your Alesis unit has threaded screw holes on the bottom, you could even line those screw holes up with the mounting patterns and screw the unit directly to the shelf.

Just went to eBay and found another user selling for $25. I figure I will get both a shelf and the rack ears. I'm sure I can find a use for the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back