Vintage Lighting Anyone Recognize these?

WVTheatre

Our theatre has a TTI dimming system for both house and stage lights. I was asked by my super to find out what this is and perhaps a manual. I believe this to be a TTI product but may be mistaken. We do have many devices similar to this throughout our theatre and it is clear that they are of the same manufacturer. Any input is much appreciated! The ports on the bottom are (from left to right) 5 pin XLR DMX input from console, 6 pin XLR, and a multi-pin connector for our house light controller.

Image  { "lightbox_close": "Close", "lightbox_next": "Next", "lightbox_previous": "Previous", "lightbox_error": "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later.", "li

~Justyn
Waubonsie Theatre

It looks a little like an Electronics Diversified (EDI) product to me. What do the rest of the stations look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
EDI was pretty good about getting their logo on everything, so I am not sure about that. Output looks analog. Run all the controls up and meter the pins in the output connector. I bet you end up with 10 volts DC between one pin and the rest of them. (Analog, comparable with analog TTI) Now, bring half the faders down. Measure again. Half the fader pins will now agree with one of the pins you originally measured from. That pin is the common. All the rest are outputs, but you may have one pin that stays real high. That pin would probably be the fan control.

UNLESS....
the board is split, with a precursor to DMX on the 6 pins, and analog on the multiconnector.

I have not seen a panel quite like this before but if I were to guess I would say that this panel was made by a company named Teatronics. My guess is based primarily on the House Lights input connector. AFAIK, they were the only ones to use this connector. I have also seen Teatronics panels that look very similar to the HOUSELIGHTS fader section.

@Les , thanks for the input but I'm afraid that they don't look like that.

@JD , I wouldn't be surprised if it was an old analogue Teatronics thing. We have the MD288Elite and I believe it to be the original analogue version converted to DMX.

@Mac Hosehead , we have four of those that are only HOUSELIGHTS controllers, three in entrances and the last being in the booth. We also have two stations that have the three connectors and a button to take control of the remote submasters.

Our theatre has a TTI dimming system for both house and stage lights. ...
Someone just told me that these may be part of the Teatronics Architek series. ...
TTI and Teatronics are two very different manufacturers. For one, as you've found, Teatronics is still in business. Member @Teatronics might be able to assist; but as said above, many of these types of architectural controls were custom jobs with sketchy or incomplete documentation.

Odds are your system was sold/installed by GrandStage, so that could be another avenue for support. Is any part of the system not functioning, or do you not know how it is/was supposed to function in the first place?

TTI and Teatronics are two very different manufacturers. For one, as you've found, Teatronics is still in business. Member @Teatronics might be able to assist; but as said above, many of these types of architectural controls were custom jobs with sketchy or incomplete documentation.

Odds are your system was sold/installed by GrandStage, so that could be another avenue for support. Is any part of the system not functioning, or do you not know how it is/was supposed to function in the first place?

My mistake on the manufacturers, it would be Teatronics.
I've found a few old business cards laying around as well as a tag on our grand drape that says GrandStage so that would make sense.

We get our dimmer rack serviced/inspected regularly and there is no issue with the equipment. On a slightly off-topic note, I can't find paperwork for the MD288Elite that shows how to address dimmers.

Just visited an elementary school in my district, has a similar teatronics set-up.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 163
Im loving the backwards sub numbers. 30 31 32 33 34 1 2 3 4

Im loving the backwards sub numbers. 30 31 32 33 34 1 2 3 4
It looks to me like there are 2 banks of 24 faders that control the primary channels as a 2 scene preset board starting at the right of the picture. The submasters continue numbering from 25 as pictured. It also looks like the board also has a mode for one 48 channel scene as the bottom row of primary faders is also numbered 25,26,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back