Audio Editing Software Suggestions

tdtastic

Help me by suggesting your favorite software for editing audio files. Looking for something that would be affordable (perhaps free, though you get what you don't pay for) but that would do more and perhaps have a few more tricks than Audacity. Not looking to do anything too crazy -- mostly cutting, fading, and adding effects to music tracks. Ok, go!

I use Mixcraft, they have a free trial for 2 weeks and then cost about $90 for the regular or about $165 for the pro version, I use the regular, and I am not sure if there is a limit on how many times you use the product key, I have used it twice. I put two screenshots below
upload_2015-1-13_17-39-25.png
upload_2015-1-13_17-39-38.png
upload_2015-1-13_17-39-25.png

upload_2015-1-13_17-39-38.png

There's also Reaper. It's only $60 for non-profit or educational institutions or personal use. The full price is $225 however for commercial use. I've found it's pretty awesome.

I've been using Goldwave for years ... paid $45 for it at the time. Still very happy with it.

NCH Wavepad is another good one. Coming from Adobe Audition and its predecessor, Cool Edit, I find it very intuitive. I know lots of people like Audacity, but I'd rather have do it yourself oral surgery.

Used GarageBand for years, comes free on any Mac, and does basically everything. Just upgraded to Logic Pro for a few more professional-level features. Logic is kind of a standard in recording studios, but big name artists have produced records in GarageBand, and it works fine. I see a lot of theatrical sound designers using Logic. Pro Tools is really the gold standard (according to some) but is not cheap. Twisted Wave also looks good, similar to Audacity.

2nd for REAPER. It's 60$ (recommend purchase price.) I've had the install on a 2nd old laptop for years now, just got to wait for the "evaluation" timer to count down before you can hit the button to start the program. For all intensive purposes the Full program is 100% free. That said it's a great piece of software and full worth compensating the programers 60$. Hell thats Video Game Pricing.

NCH Wavepad is another good one. Coming from Adobe Audition and its predecessor, Cool Edit, I find it very intuitive. I know lots of people like Audacity, but I'd rather have do it yourself oral surgery.

Does this have a multi-track like Audition does? I'm trying to get a DAW for a class I'm teaching next year, and Audition has priced itself out of the market with the whole Creative Cloud thing. I'm really familiar with Audition, so intuitive would be good...

Does this have a multi-track like Audition does? I'm trying to get a DAW for a class I'm teaching next year, and Audition has priced itself out of the market with the whole Creative Cloud thing. I'm really familiar with Audition, so intuitive would be good...

MixPad is NCH's multi-track software. Reasonably priced and on sale right now.

MixPad is NCH's multi-track software. Reasonably priced and on sale right now.

So MixPad + WavePad would = Audition in your opinion?

So MixPad + WavePad would = Audition in your opinion?

I haven't used MixPad, so I can't say for sure. What I can say is that I was able to move from Audition to WavePad easily, and it does everything I need. The transition from Audition to other programs can be frustrating, but this was easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back