Backstage Lighting?

Theatrrap

Hello,

I am the new ME at a theatre. Currently the theatre has a bunch of clip lights, a source four par, a couple 6" pars, and some badly hung light bars. I would like to replace a lot, or all of this, with a more professional, permanent, preferably LED, setup. Are there any recommendations as to what would be the right kind of fixtures for this? Anything that works well for you? Etc...?

For running lights, if you want and can afford to go this far, check out ETC's option. They look pretty cool, with different lenses and baffles and such to control spread and spill.

https://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Lighting-Fixtures/BluesSystem/

Or rope lights are pretty standard.

Also a good time to review your local enforcement of codes regarding permanent vs temporary electrical installations and make sure your new system is not going to get nixed by your AHJ for non extra hard usage extension cables, cable not in conduit etc... Of course battery powered LEDs make that easy.

I actually was specifically talking about running lights as that is what I was thinking about, but I actually do also need to fix our work light/rehearsal light situation as well. Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestions, I like the Osram work lights. Do you happen to know if they are able to mount to a C-Clamp the way they come?

Any other suggestions?

The OSRAM KREIOS FL has a standard yoke designed for C-clamps, so yes to your question.

They come with standoffs should you want to get the Gel Frame holder accessory to color the light for a running light. And also- Technilux sells a barn door unit for the fixture for framing the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back