Battery-Powered PA system

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
I was tasked with looking into a way to have a PA systems in one of our outdoor areas. It has no power runs and a generator is not an option as it would be rather noisy. I have browsed online but I wanted the CBs opinion also.

From the boss's mouth, " I want it loud and a wireless headset." ...

You can power a wide variety of regular audio things off of a 12V battery (heavy duty or marine preferred) and a power inverter. You'd have to invest in a battery charger to charge the battery at the end of the day. Whisperwatt generators are practically silent too, just so you don't have to go out and buy all specialty audio gear...

Here you go:

Just tell the boss that it comes with a "handheld headset". A pair of side-cutters can easily convert it to wireless.

Tbh if I showed her that and it was the cheapest she would go for that.

Did you end up going with this? How's is it working for you? If not, did you go with something else?

I did go with it. The girls that were using it said it worked great. The wireless mics are made of cheap plastic and feel like they are going to break but that was to be expected from the price point. The speaker did the job pretty well for the outside area we needed to fill. Hooking up an ipad/mp3/iphone the quality was a bit poor but I didn't buy it for that function.

We really didn't push it to the limits of a drained battery as the presentation only lasts about 30-45mins tops.

Still trying to convince the wife to get it are we?

Fyi my sister bought the Behringer handheld unit for for $119 from Sweetwater (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EPA40) for her womens' alumni association, to use for luncheon meetings, garden tours, etc. So far they love it. The unit came with an extra battery -- one of the batteries was defective, but the support through Sweetwater has been exccellent. no tax or shipping, and free two year warranty, so they get free replacements on anything that breaks within two years. And it's so cheap, if this one breaks after two years they can just buy another one and they're still well under the cost of most comparable systems.

"And it's so cheap, if this one breaks after two years they can just buy another one"

At some time, around 4 or 6 years a quality product like the suggested MIPro unit become less expensive. Buy once, cry once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back