Best Power Amp

Call911

Hey all,

I am looking for a power amp to drive a pair of Yamaha C215V's. They are 1000w pgm and 2000w peak at 4 ohm.

I've been a fan of QSC and Crown amps. This will be a portable rack, so gain knobs on front please. Would like to drive both with one amp to keep down rack size, so no bridging.

Any suggestions would be great. I'm looking at the QSC RMX5050a right now. Any pros or cons would be helpful. Thanks!

Hard to go wrong with QSC or Crown. Big fan here as well. Yes, cheaper stuff is out there but the most important feature of a power amp on the day of a show is that you can turn it on and it actually works.

QSC and Crown are both solid, as JD mentioned. Lab.Gruppen also makes good stuff (traditionally they've only made ultra-high power touring amps, but recently they've been getting into the smaller amps as well)

RMX5050a would be overkill honestly. You'd be fine with:
QSC RMX 4050a
QSC PLX 3101
Lab.Gruppen IPD2400 would work in 1 RU, and has some built in DSP.
QSC PLD 4.3 also has built-in DSP and would work well.

The peavey IPR-3000 class D amp is rated at 900w program into 4 ohms and weighs less than 10 pounds.
I own 4 of of the smaller IPR-1600 amp and am hugely happy with them, plus the price is right.
The newer models of these amp are prefixed with "IPR2", as in IPR2-3000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back