Breakable Egg

For one of our events the director wants us to build a giant egg that someone can be inside and pop out of. The first thought was Styrofoam but I don't know that it bends enough. what would be the best way to make something of this scale out of either material that is breakable or have a pre cut section that they can pop open.

Thanks,

jaamulberry

Rooster's bachelor party?

proxy.php

lol. yep! Exactly like that.

I am not sure if it would be easier to make or if there is somewhere that sells this relatively cheaply. I haven't had too much luck with a google search.

Last edited:
Where are you located? I Know a place that has 4 eggs they rent out for Honk.

Well Starlight Theatre in Rockford,Il has them but I don't know what they will say as far as transport. You could try. The least they will say is no.

Since renting seems like a no go does anyone have a material that it could be constructed out of? So far it looks like Paper Machete is the way to go but I was hoping something like some type of Styrofoam would work. What keywords did you use when you searched. I keep getting crap thats not helpful to what I am trying to do.

So far it looks like Paper Machete is the way to go...

I think a paper machete is a little to flimsy to carve foam. Perhaps a metal one could work, but not a very precise tool. :D

On a more serious note, how many times will this gag have to work? Paper Mache might work for a one-off, but I feel like it wouldn't last long.

Just need to happens once plus the couple times we practice with it. Its for a promo and doesn't need to be used over and over in a show.

Is coroplast somewhat bendable. Ive never used that. I assume its alot like cardboard. This is what I have so far for an idea.

Attachments

• Egg and Human.skp
    241.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Egg Human Compare.jpg
    Egg Human Compare.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 263
  • Measurements bottom.jpg
    Measurements bottom.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 245

Users who are viewing this thread

Back