Capture Argo Connectivity Troubleshooting

kwhite177

Apologies if this has been covered in a different thread.

I cannot get my console to talk to my PC running Capture Argo for pre visualization and programming.

I am very new to artnet so I have a feeling my issue is within the ip addressing. I was not apart of the artnet node purchase so I am trying to use a cheap converter box my boss purchased on ebay.....yes I know, that is probably my first problem....but I have not completely ruled it out as faulty. I would love to exhaust all other troubleshooting methods before purchasing a different unit.
Any help you guys can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have an Avolites Pearl 2010 running through a router to an artnet node, to a PC running Argo. (all over cat5e)
All firewalls have been disabled. The router shows that it is receiving signal from the artnet node.
The current addresses for the Router and PC are as follows:
PC:
IP address-10.0.0.2
Subnet mask- 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway- 10.0.0.2
Primary DNS server-1.0.0.1
Secondary DNS server- 1.0.0.2
Router:
IP address-10.0.0.1
Subnet mask- 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway- 10.0.0.1
Primary DNS server-1.0.0.1
Secondary DNS server- 1.0.0.2

Console:Avolites Pearl 2010
Router: netgear ac1900 smart WiFi Router

Maybe a typo, but you have different default gateway for router and PC. Not sure that would matter. Can you access the ARTNET node? For trouble shooting you
could load up wireshark on the PC and see all the packets flying around on the network and see if any of them are ARTNET and if so, where they are going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back