Clear Button on Ion....

NewRecourse

I have a latest and greatest version of Software on an Ion Console. HOWEVER, it has a weird setup feature and I can't figure it out.

If you hit the clear button, it will take out any channels you have up. For instance:

Channel 100 @ FULL ENTER (Channel 100 is at full)
PRESS CLEAR = Channel fades out over 3 seconds.

Or - if I have Channel 100 at Full, and start typing something else - and need to 'backstage' - I hit clear a few too many times, and it takes out my Channel 100.

WHAT IS THIS?!?! I cannot find any topic online or in the manual or in control booth that has this. HELP a poor boy stuck in the middle of Minnesota, out of his native land while working on a Gig!

~Jayson

That's not at all what clear is supposed to do. I'd try a deep clear and see if that helps. Be sure to save your show file prior to performing a deep clear.

What software version are you running?
Does it only happen with channel 100?

Also, if this is an emergency you can call ETC's Tech Support:

For technical support in the Americas,
please call 608-831-4116
or toll-free in the U.S. at 800-688-4116
[email protected]

For technical support in Europe, The Middle East & Africa
please call (+44) 20 8896 1000
[email protected]

For technical support in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Eastern Europe & Russia
please call (+49) 8024 4700-0.
[email protected]

For technical support in Asia,
please call (+852) 2799 1220
[email protected]

I can see why the first one could happen

CH XX @ FL it releases control of that CH then by hitting enter again it captures it then hitting clear will drop it to 00s

Also this is my working it from an expression 3 console but capture from my understanding has been pretty standard across the board.

The second way you are making this happen you got me.

I would call them just to be safe, doesn't cost you anything but time.

I can see why the first one could happen

CH XX @ FL it releases control of that CH then by hitting enter again it captures it then hitting clear will drop it to 00s

Also this is my working it from an expression 3 console but capture from my understanding has been pretty standard across the board.

Not on an Eos Series console - Pushing clear will not change values it only deals with clearing the command line.

When you put up an address manually on EOS, if you clear the command line it will sneak back to 0. Is it possible that you have accidentally configured the console to do this with channels? Out of curiosity, what happens if you manually raise an address and hit "clear"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back