Clearing faders on ETC Ion

gbdesign

This is probably very simple, but I haven't found a way to do it yet. Say you have a bunch of sub masters on a fader wing of an Ion. Something changes in the show and now you don't need one of the subs. You want to get rid of it for simplicities sake, less chance for a mistake, whatever. You can delete the sub, easy-peazie, but the fader still remains as a sub, with the same sub number. How to clear that fader of all content, parameters, etc.? Thanks for your help.

Um...Steve, I'm not sure the Release works anymore.
Just hold shift and press both bump buttons.
If you want to clear a whole bank of faders, you can even hold shift and run your fingers across the bump buttons (top and bottom).

Um...Steve, I'm not sure the Release works anymore.
Just hold shift and press both bump buttons.
If you want to clear a whole bank of faders, you can even hold shift and run your fingers across the bump buttons (top and bottom).

I was going to say do the shift routine, then went and looked it up in the 2.0 manual. So they must have changed it in 2.1 or 2.2 and as a user since 1.6 I'm done trying to remember how many things have changed............. sorry if I confused gbdesign.

Yes, they changed it in 2.2 and even the 2.2 manual update is wrong on this. As Lafalot says, shift/both sub buttons will clear the whole fader.

Shift + Both bump buttons once releases it, the second time you press it unmaps it. This becomes meaningful if you want to swap a fader from a submaster to a cue list, fex.
Can you expand on this?

If you clear the fader, isn't it already unmapped?

I know it's semantic, but I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back