Controlling Addrressable LED Strip with DMX

Robert F Jarvis

We would like to use addressable LED strip. But light it in a way to carry a strobe along it for a short length and cut down on channels. Ive heard of DMX addressable LED controllers but not sure how to control the LED strip using as few addesses as possible. Ideas?

In general, you can get creative with patching, grouping in the LED controller, or some combination. In specific, knowing the console and controller would go a long way toward knowing which approach is most feasible. I’m familiar with Eos family consoles and DMXking LeDMX4 pro or ESPixelstick for pixel tape control.

I'm very familar with EOS and will look up that ESPixelstick - it llks interesting. To reduce the usual pixel map load I'm heading toward programming an Arduino. There is a lot out there on there on the subject.

OK I got that. I'm starting using the Arduino SPI drivers and code examples for the WS2815 and WS2812B. I'll program 5volt tape to start with then upgrade with PSU to 12v (my runs will be long), then look at making it user freiendly and firing the Arduio from ELE2. Thank you for your input.

OK I got that. I'm starting using the Arduino SPI drivers and code examples for the WS2815 and WS2812B. I'll program 5volt tape to start with then upgrade with PSU to 12v (my runs will be long), then look at making it user freiendly and firing the Arduio from ELE2. Thank you for your input.
When you get this refined and reliable to your needs, might there be some 8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows with a paragraph on the back of each one, explaining what you did, why, and how? Inquiring minds.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back