Custom Profile Knock off LED's on Eos

TheTheaterGeek

EOS Addict
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
I have these knockoff pars that i need to create a profile for.

The control table looks like this.

ChannelDATAFUNCTION
CH10OFF
CH11-127Strobe(slow to fast)
CH1128-255Intensity
CH20-255Red
CH30-255Green
CH40-255Blue
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

How would I create the separate control on channel 1?
The color I know how to do.

Thanks

Page 115 of the v2.0.0 manual describes range editing a parameter. I'd be inclined to try a parameter with ranges of 0 to 0 for "Off", 1 to 127 for "Strobe" and 255 to 255 for "On" for the first address then let the EOS software map changes in the virtual Intensity parameter to RGB on channels 2-4 to control dimming rather than using the fixture's native intentsity feature.

How do I link the VI parameter to the color?

My current fix is setting 1 range from 0 to 126 which is intensity because the manual was wrong. And just living with 49% being "full".

The strobe and intensity functions are reversed in the fixtures themselves.

How do I link the VI parameter to the color?

My current fix is setting 1 range from 0 to 126 which is intensity because the manual was wrong. And just living with 49% being "full".

The strobe and intensity functions are reversed in the fixtures themselves.
The way I read the manual, if you create a fixture with just RGB, the board will create virtual HSI parameters that you can use to mix the color indirectly. If you don't plan on using the strobe feature, you might just park the 1st address to full and treat it like an RGB fixture. The manual also mentioned being able to adjust the values displayed for a range, so you should be able to get it to show 100% when sending 126 (are you sure it's not 127?).

The way I read the manual, if you create a fixture with just RGB, the board will create virtual HSI parameters that you can use to mix the color indirectly. If you don't plan on using the strobe feature, you might just park the 1st address to full and treat it like an RGB fixture. The manual also mentioned being able to adjust the values displayed for a range, so you should be able to get it to show 100% when sending 126 (are you sure it's not 127?).

Im not really sure of anything haha, it also seems to be different fixture to fixture, as +-3 around the 126 value. Ill try creating it without intensity. THat would involve me parking all the fixtures' first address to full manually correct? I have also been neck deep in the manual trying to find a solution.

it also seems to be different fixture to fixture, as +-3 around the 126 value.

Yuck.

Here's how I would solve it:

I would make a custom profile. Start by putting in your Red (DMX 2), Green (DMX 3), and Blue (DMX 4) values. This will then create virtual parameters for intensity, hue, saturation, and brightness. Next, add a strobe parameter (DMX 1).

Go through your rig and figure out which units need the strobe parameter (DMX 1, which is master intensity) at 127 for full intensity. You can tell the console to send specific DMX values by typing //. Write those channels down. Next go through and do that for 126. Then for 128. You get the idea.

Make groups by DMX value with all those channels, and then write a startup macro to park those groups at the full DMX value.

Now program your show! As long as the DMX 1 values are parked, the fixtures will operate like RGB fixtures.

Hope this helps.

Im not really sure of anything haha, it also seems to be different fixture to fixture, as +-3 around the 126 value. Ill try creating it without intensity. THat would involve me parking all the fixtures' first address to full manually correct? I have also been neck deep in the manual trying to find a solution.
Sounds like the fixtures must be reading DMX and producing an analog signal from it, then using the analog signal for control internally.

Sounds like the fixtures must be reading DMX and producing an analog signal from it, then using the analog signal for control internally.
I have no idea. One did come broken, Maybe ill open it up and see.

Yuck.

Here's how I would solve it:

I would make a custom profile. Start by putting in your Red (DMX 2), Green (DMX 3), and Blue (DMX 4) values. This will then create virtual parameters for intensity, hue, saturation, and brightness. Next, add a strobe parameter (DMX 1).

Go through your rig and figure out which units need the strobe parameter (DMX 1, which is master intensity) at 127 for full intensity. You can tell the console to send specific DMX values by typing //. Write those channels down. Next go through and do that for 126. Then for 128. You get the idea.

Make groups by DMX value with all those channels, and then write a startup macro to park those groups at the full DMX value.

Now program your show! As long as the DMX 1 values are parked, the fixtures will operate like RGB fixtures.

Hope this helps.

Yuck is right.
Ill let you know how it works.

Could you clairfy the "Go through your rig and figure out...." Process.

I wouldn't be Parking the values.
Make the fixture with a range of DMX values for 'No Strobe' values (I've given 4).
Then set the range above that to be the strobe Values.

Set a Home value for the strobe parameter to be 127 but because you've left a few values either side you can use a home preset to override these. The only problems you'll have is if you want to use the slow strobe.

In the screen shoots I didn't change the DMX mapping.
[
LED Strobe Fix.png

LED Fix for Control Room.png

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much. And no from a seasoned user of these fixtures, I don't suggest them haha unless, like us, you need $16 dollar a pop led fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back