Control/Dimming Dim pack losing DMX address after being unpowered for 12+ hours

R96lime

Hello,
I am having a very specific problem with a Leviton D4DMX pack and thought someone here may have some insight.
Twice in the past week one pack out of many installed in a month long installation has decided to reset the DMX address to 1 while it was powered down for the night. It is powered through a Lex distro and is one of many DMX packs in a chain. I haven't had any problems with any of the others.

The D4DMX doesn't appear to have any battery so must have some sort of non-volatile memory to save the settings when it is powered down, but I honestly haven't ever given it much thought. The rest of the dimmer pack is functioning as normal once you readdress it, and I haven't managed to leave it unpowered for long enough on my workbench to recreate the problem. My guess is one of the chips is going bad, but nothing inside looks amiss. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hello,
I am having a very specific problem with a Leviton D4DMX pack and thought someone here may have some insight.
Twice in the past week one pack out of many installed in a month long installation has decided to reset the DMX address to 1 while it was powered down for the night. It is powered through a Lex distro and is one of many DMX packs in a chain. I haven't had any problems with any of the others.

The D4DMX doesn't appear to have any battery so must have some sort of non-volatile memory to save the settings when it is powered down, but I honestly haven't ever given it much thought. The rest of the dimmer pack is functioning as normal once you readdress it, and I haven't managed to leave it unpowered for long enough on my workbench to recreate the problem. My guess is one of the chips is going bad, but nothing inside looks amiss. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Yes it is going bad. Contact leviton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back