DIY Clearcom Call Signal Flasher

willbb123

I basically want to make on of these:
proxy.php

I have read this thread (https://www.controlbooth.com/threads/clearcom-diy-cans.7853/) and I am thinking that I can just take the right LED and some resistors, connect it to the right pins and it will work. But I know that it will be more complicated then that...

I see no reason to have a tone, it would be nice to have a brightness control, but if its only a single LED I dont think its necessary. It really doesn't need to flash, just light up when the call button is pressed.

Has anyone built something like this, or have any ideas to where I could get started?

I am not familiar enough with resistors to design my own. I really dont wanna screw up our clearcom system.

Can someone make a diagram and a parts list?

So basicly go from pin three through an appropriate resistor (found easily at Current limiting Resistor calculator for leds to an LED of your choosing. Then to tie it all together, I assume pin 1 for a ground???? If so the most expensive part is the XLR connector (or maybe the LED if you want a really big one) and like 30 minutes of time. Easy enough project

Yup, you're spot on. LED and resistor between pins 1 and 3, and away you go.

This parts are all here. I just dont know enough about resistors to pick the right one.

This seems deceptively simple.

But I think I want mine in incandescent.

While we're almost on the subject, anybody know of something like this for Telex Audiocom? That's more complex, because I believe the system uses a 20khz tone to signal a call.

Thanks, it never occurred to me that there was such a thing as a tone decoder. I was thinking that the circuit would need to use a series of high-pass and low-pass filters to isolate the 20khz.

I suspect that "under the hood" that's all the 567 is, a series of filters and then a comparator...

Hi guys,
Just getting back to the DIY clear com project,Can someone help me to connect this up :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Unive..._DefaultDomain_3&hash=item462da5f7ad#shpCntId

Brand Name: OEM Design
Condition: 100% Brand New
Round lamp diameter: 3.5CM, thickness: 0.5CM, line length: 33CM
White connector size: 2.7 * 2.1 * 1.8CM, line length: 39CM, 6CM
Shade Type: Lens
Current: 0.1 (A)
Power: 10 (W)
Life: 30000 (h)
Luminous flux: 800LM
Color temperature: 7000K
Source: High Power LED
Adaptation models: 12V all models
Color: White
Wiring: red to positive level, the black wire to the negative level.
Features:
Brand new and high quality
Super bright and high power
Low energy helps save your power supply
Long life expectancy
Easy to install and use
Great for night driving and emergency situations
Package Included:
2 * lights,
1 * connector
4 * screws

I would imagine it would be ok to connect this directly to pins 1 & 3 or do I need a resistor?

Thank you!!

It says that it is 10 watts at 12 volts
10 watts divided by 12 volts equals .83 amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back