Edible pencils?

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
If you had to make edible pencils, what would you use? The best thing I can come up with is modeling chocolate. My boss wants some thig more "crunchy", so second best is cookie or bread sticks wrapped in edible paper. Just wanted to check to see if there was a genius method I don't know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
You could lathe a potatoe down to pencil size then deep fry it. :)

You could lathe a potatoe down to pencil size then deep fry it. :)

You mean, "use a french fry"? :clap:

If you're really going for "crunchy", though — to the point that they at least give some impression that they're wooden, like a pencil — I'd suggest Pocky. It's a Japanese snack product, biscuit (cookie) sticks coated in... well, lots of things, but originally it was chocolate.

(The edible paper may still be a good idea, just to give them a pencil-like coloring. Although if you can find, and stomach, one of the more esoteric/disturbing flavors such as "tropical mango & pineapple", those appear to start out basically pencil-colored.)

Last edited:
You mean, "use a french fry"? :clap:

If you're really going for "crunchy", though — to the point that they at least give some impression that they're wooden, like a pencil — I'd suggest Pocky. It's a Japanese snack product, biscuit (cookie) sticks coated in... well, lots of things, but originally it was chocolate.

(The edible paper may still be a good idea, just to give them a pencil-like coloring. Although if you can find, and stomach, one of the more esoteric/disturbing flavors such as "tropical mango & pineapple", those appear to start out basically pencil-colored.)

Touché sir touché.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Most of it is thoughts that have floated through my head already, but the tropical pocky is something I didn't know about. I like that it's already yellow !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I second the Pocky thing. I've eaten them a few times and they're not too much to stomach lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back