Editing Symbols in Vectorworks

Hi, I have a focus chart that I am trying to edit. The information for the entire chart was made in symbols. When I edit the symbol to enter the information in the new information I entered does not show up. How can I edit the symbols? (none of them are lighting devices)

Is text attached as a record? If so, entering information into the symbol definition won't necessarily populate it correctly. You may need to enter it by selecting the symbol instance and enter it in the Data tab.

This can get a bit more complex if the symbols have been placed as lighting fixtures.

The last chance solution may be to convert the whole thing to a group. (Ctrl-K) There may be nested symbols and text so it will take some experimentation to get just what you want.

Another possible pitfall: if it's a hybrid (2D/3D) symbol, the 2D and 3D parts are independent of each other. The 2D version shows in top/plan view and the 3D version in all other views.

If you can post the file (or better yet, a clean file with just this symbol) we may be able to poke around and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back