Eiki LC-HDT2000... Anything better?

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
Yes, I know there is a ton out there that is better then this projector... but is there anything better at this price point/brightness level/resolution? Our local video company owns several of these and we have rented them whenever our 5k in house won't cut it. They have worked out well but I have always felt they could be a bit crisper... but these are older units that have been ridden hard so I reserve some judgment. These things are also a bit long in the tooth... wondering it something better is out there.

We are looking to pick up a projector to do a 110' throw to a 40' cyc, 90' throw to a front projected 11x18 screen, and a 26' throw to a 11x18 rear projected screen. Mostly will be used for corporate work and the occasional dance company that made the mistake of hiring a projection designer. Budget is pretty loose... but we would like to see a break even point in 2 years.

Also looking to pick up a seamless switcher/scaler. Something smaller, only need to be able to take a video input, PC input, and a logo.

Do you have a preference of lamp technology (metal halide or Xenon)? How much do you think it will be used (hours) over the course of ownership? An LCD projector like this will start to show burn-through at about 1500 hours (projector life) and you will start to get an ugly display. A DLP will give you much better quality of an image for many more years. What do you feel that your clients could afford? You need to consider maintenance costs into that two year estimate. I don't know what you are being quoted for that projector, but you might want to consider something like this.

As for a switcher, I'd look at something along the lines of this would probably do you well. One thing about the DCS-100 (IIRC) is that it can pass through HDCP, which may be an important feature for you depending on use. Many switchers do not recognize HDCP and thus are the weak link when showing high definition images.

You will also probably need 2-3 different lenses for your intended positions, and projection size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back