Automated Fixtures Elation SixPar

AsherSB

Has any one used the Elation SixPars? I think they originally came out as waterproofed install lights, and they just came out with the indoor versions a little while ago. They are RGBAW-UV led pars, with an optional barn door and gel frame, and a 15 degree beam angle. It seems like the perfect light for small theaters and multipurpose venues, but I haven't been able to find any reviews on it, it seems like it is relatively unused. Has any one got their hands on one of these?

Thanks!

I have installed a few of the sixpar 100s. The client has been very happy with them. They aren't super bright, but are great in short throws, or as wall lights. I haven't personally seen the 200s, but my coworkers have, and were a bit disappointed by the evenness of the field (there was a noticeably dimmer spot in the center). No experience with the 300s. They've got really interesting colors available with all six colors.

I saw a demo of the SixPar 100 and it was in line with the other RGBAWUV lights that I've seen, including the Chauvet Hex fixtures. There is a noticeable red spot in the center, with blue towards the edges. I don't know why this is the case, but I didn't really like it. I still think that RGBAWUV tech needs some good lenses to come along to make the right evenness of homogenization happen, because that's the real issue right now.

Just to give some context: I'm looking for one kind of led light to replace the 14 par 56 cans and 5 ColorKey LED par cans. It almost needs to be LED, we are in an old building and we flip a breaker every time we bring everything all the way up, so low power consumption is a must. The space is changed frequently, so the fixtures need to be portable, and they need to be as cheap as possible. The SixPar looked like a good option to me, but any light with RGBAW mixing would work. The SixPar also has barn doors, and a relatively tight beam angle, so it would wash an actor well form 15-20 feet. If any one has a light that would fit the bill, I would love to hear about it!

I have been using a set of 4 sixpar 300 for side/back light for a few shows and a number of dance productions. They have great output from a fairly inexpensive package. I have them hung on small ladders off left and right and when crossing most of the stage the narrower beam becomes much less of an issue. The dancers love them they make for nice eye candy for the parents and give my students a chance to do some more multi-parameter programming.

I've used a dozen Sixpar 200's for a few shows and didn't have any qualms with low-end dimming performance. You can see an initial pop-on if you're looking at the diodes, but nothing showed on stage - or at least not enough for me to notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back