enttec open dmx usb doesn't stay installed

headcrab

I have an open dmx usb (actually I built it) that is known to work perfectly fine on my desktop computer at home. I plugged it in and installed the drivers which I downloaded from the enttec site. Everything works (I use Magicq).
I tried this today with my laptop. I plugged it in, installed the enttec drivers, everything's shiny. However, I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Windows immediately claimed to know nothing of the device and requested permission to go online and find drivers (I denied it.). It's like windows dumped the drivers when I unplugged the usb-dmx adapter. I can make it work again by running the enttec driver installer.
This only happens on my laptop. Any thoughts?

That was going to be my question too. I have the Enttec Pro and my Windows 7 netbook wants to reinstall the drivers occasionally. My XP desktop never does.

I'm actually standing with the developer, he's wondering what chip you are using and whether its USB 1 or 2.

-Sent from my HP Touchpad

I'm actually standing with the developer, he's wondering what chip you are using and whether its USB 1 or 2.

It's an Asus Eee PC 1018PB. 1.6 GHz Atom N450 and USB 2.0.

So it's not an Enttec product you made it yourself?

Could it be something about the BIOS of the two machines and how they manage the USB drivers?

So it's not an Enttec product you made it yourself?

Could it be something about the BIOS of the two machines and how they manage the USB drivers?

I talked to the developer and he had two comments. 1) the enttec drivers are actually in the Microsoft database so you can allow windows to find the drivers automatically, and 2) it sounds like a potential USB driver difference between the two movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back