Design ETC architectural system Broken!

jf5264835

In my building, one of our technical directors was "playing" with the settings on our etc paradigm processor and ion board, and because of this, when the ion board is turned on and connected to the processor by etcnet, anything that was set on our button stations or touchscreen control stations is turned off, or overridden by the board. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any useful ideas. Please help.

My guess is that a network priority setting has been changed. If the priority settings are the same for Paradigm and the Ion then lighting levels will work on an HTP basis. If they are different then one will override the other. I recommend giving ETC technical services a call. They can tell you how to locate the settings. If it is after business hours or on a weekend you can page an emergency technician to give you a call back.

-MH

I've worked with the older ETC Unison equipment, and there was a setting to change how to deal with architectural lighting when you have a console sending DMX info at the same time. The setting can be useful during a show if you have units that are messed with and can turn on unwanted lights during a production. But if you leave your console on all the time, then it can be very difficult to work in the space during normal hours when you can't, for instance, turn on the house lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back