ETC Element and QLab

cceprod

Ok so I work at a small local community theater, and I recently took on the task of figuring out how we can run cues on the light board and sound cues from the same thing, reducing staffing needs (because we're very short this year). I've picked up a USB to MIDI interface, and it seems to be working just fine - when I plug it into the board, it lights up and when I send cues from QLab it lights up as well. The problem is that the board does not seem to be acknowledging that there is anything coming through. I've checked to make sure that the board is set to receive MIDI on channel 0. I've tried just about everything in my knowledge and power to get this to work but it just will not work at all. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

I'm running QLab 3.0 on a Mac Mini, and we have an ETC Element light board.

Thanks in advance!

Have you looked into reversing it at all? I.e. Light board triggering sound cues? IIRC it's fairly simple on both ends, just telling the console to spit out MSC or whatever, and making sure QLab is listening on the right MIDI channel. Slickest thing I've seen is just to have the cue #'s in SFX/Qlab be the same as the cue # in the light board (that corresponds to it of course) and it more or less "just works". Add some dummy light cues if you need and you're good to go.

If you want to stick with the way you have it setup now, I'd double check that you're both sending and receiving the same type of midi data. One might be set to MIDI TImecode or something weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back