Control/Dimming ETC Element - Speedmaster?

I've worked on a fair amount of consoles including the Element for a while now. Lately I've been privileged to work on the MA and was wondering if there is any functionality on the Element similar to what a speed master would be? Naturally it's an entry level console, so this is not expected, but just wondering if it exists somewhere hidden.

Thanks in advance.

A speed master controls the rate of running effects assigned that speed master. Essentially it becomes a tap tempo for chases and effects. The GrandMA term is SpeedMaster, and I can't for the life of me remember the Congo term for it, but it's all one and the same - I simply want a tap tempo for adjusting the speed of running effects, or even a slider or something I can adjust.

Interesting. Well you should be able to record an effect to a sub. Then if you hit , that will take you to the sub list. You can try playing with the properties in that menu, but I'm not sure you'll be able to find any properties that can affect timing instead of intensity, at least on the Element.

I take it back. It seems you can do this by setting the submaster as an "effect" sub master. You can then either choose it to be proportional which:
Effect on an Effect/Proportional Submaster
Pressing the bump button starts the effect. The fader controls the rate and/or size based on
the effect’s entry behavior. Pressing the bump button again stops the effect.

Or be intensity, which:

Effect on an Effect/Intensity Master Submaster
Pressing the bump button starts the effect. The fader controls the rate and/or size based on
the effect’s entry behavior. Pressing the bump button again stops the effect.
There is no difference between a proportional fader and an intensity master when the submaster is
configured to be an effect submaster.

Well it's not exactly what I was looking for, but that's exactly what I needed, Sergio. I've been working on the Element since it came out and had a feeling they added something like this in the v2.2 changes, but simply hadn't found it yet. It would be nice if I could alter the speed of effects that aren't running, but I'll have to check on that when I get a chance on the console.

Hobbsies, the method you've put above works for some effects but not others. I had sat down and played with everything I could I think of on the submaster side of things earlier this week, actually, and had resigned myself to simply using a fast/medium/slow set of effects at 120, 90 and 60 BPM respectively. I'm planning on having all of my effects on subs since I'm busking this show and am handing over one of the acts to a sophomore as well.

Long story short, this is not the Element's strong point.

Once again, thank you both for your assistance.

As it turns out, the function you suggested doesn't work well, mainly because it doesn't seem to scale the effects by rate but rather by BPM, which sadly doesn't work for the effects I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back