ETC Nomad and Absolute Effects Issue

SOLVED : THANK YOU

Hi there-
I programmed my first absolute effect for my current project fine. I recorded two color palettes for my Chauvet Intimidator 350s, created an absolute effect that cycles between the red and green. I created a second effect with two other color palettes that cycle between blue and what they call pink. I cannot get this effect to function properly. All it does is cycle through the rainbow, and not the color palettes that I have programmed. I tried for sake of troubleshooting to plug the red and green color palettes into the second effect and it functions properly. What is going on? What am I doing wrong? Weird glitch with the Chauvet's? Anyone ever had this issue?

Last edited:
Hello!
If I understand correctly, you are attempting to cycle between just 2 colors. Looking at the profile for the 350's, it seems that the red and green chips are adjacent to each other in the Intimidator's color wheel. Unfortunately for you, blue and pink are not and therefore the color wheel has to scan across multiple unwanted colors to get to the ones you have chosen. Best bet would be to create an effect with colors that are next to each other on the wheel to get the look you desire.
--Matt

Hello!
If I understand correctly, you are attempting to cycle between just 2 colors. Looking at the profile for the 350's, it seems that the red and green chips are adjacent to each other in the Intimidator's color wheel. Unfortunately for you, blue and pink are not and therefore the color wheel has to scan across multiple unwanted colors to get to the ones you have chosen. Best bet would be to create an effect with colors that are next to each other on the wheel to get the look you desire.
--Matt

I knew it would be a "duh" moment when someone replied. Thank you.

Happy to help! --Matt

so-I probably have another silly question here-it’s been years since I have worked with movers so I’m having a lot of “duh” moments...

I am working with a few Chauvet Rogue R2 Wash lights. Again, trying to program an absolute effect to bounce between colors (red and green), but instead of bouncing its sliding between all the colors to get to the color. Again, using the ETC Eos Nomad...what am I doing wrong?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back