Express boot issue

josh88

Remarkably Tired.
Fight Leukemia
I got a call today about the ETC express in our space not getting properly. Now that I am over here looking at it. It gets stuck after the initial boot screen. I see the "express boot screen" the usual start up splash, but after that it goes black and doesn't go any further. All the LEDs on the board turn on like normal during the boot process but then the board doesn't react to any Input. Any ideas what might be the problem or fix?

Via tapatalk

I'll call support soon, just wondering if anybody has had this issue

Via tapatalk

Check for stuck (inadvertently depressed) keys.

Be sure to come back and tell us how ETC fixed the issue.

Floppy drive was empty. I tried a dozen times and got pulled away because we're also moving our grand piano today. The student who had the issue came in and said "I don't know what you did but it's back" he managed to get it to boot, but it had reset to factory defaults and a 1:1 patch. For now we're leaving it on until after tomorrow's summer camp performances. Then I'll try shutting it down again.

Via tapatalk

Got off the phone with tech support today. He said it was likely the battery that charges a capacitor that failing. Because of that its not getting the full amount of memory it should be so the boot gets stuck. A relatively easy fix. We're in the middle of getting bids for some upgrades so we're going to just add a new board into the mix and likely pick up an element. Then we'll get the express fixed and have it as a backup and for use in our blackbox.

Via tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back