Going from Mixer to Stereo Receiver

KBToys82

I have a Mackie ProFX12 mixer that I would like to start using in the middle of my classroom so that I don't have to keep going back and forth to my closet which houses my Stereo Receiver (all RCA inputs.) I have a CD player (Alesis Masterlink) that has XLR outputs & RCA's, a Computer and iPod/iPhone that I would like to hook up to the mixer.

What I'm thinking of doing is having the Masterlink to Channel's 1 & 2, the computer hooked up to a Y splitter (TS) to Channel's 3 & 4, and having my iPhone connected to the RCA jacks or maybe another Y splitter.

To get from the Mixer to the Receiver, I would run (2) 50' 1/4" TRS cables to the closet. Then, I would get an ART DTI 2 Channel Hum Eliminator that I would plug the TRS cables into, and have RCA's coming out of it into one of my stereo's input.

(I can't use XLR cable out of the mixer because the hole in the wall is too small for the plug.)

Do you think this is the best option? Anything better without spending tons of $$$?

Thanks for the thoughts!

I also know to keep a close eye on the volume as the Mixer will be outputting a Line level signal to the consumer level input of the receiver. It is either do all this, or replace the receiver with an amp, and since I have no idea what the current wattage is, Ohm capacity (don't understand it too much as it is) I figure this would be easier for me to do.

It should work fine. Consider an Ebtech LLS-2, instead of the Art, which will pad down the level a bit. The cables you need for the computer and iPod are not Y cords, strictly speaking. A Hosa CMP-159 fits the bill.

Why not just hook up your stereo sources to the stereo channels on the board? It will be easier to operate them with just one fader.

For the computer and iPod, that's probably what I will do, but since the CD player only has XLR outputs or RCA's, I'm stuck putting that on 2 faders since their is no channel that has 2 XLR inputs.

Hosa CPR-206. Or two Hosa STX-102F

Hosa makes a ton of different adapter cables .. you will eventually stock on up many of them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back