Help identify a Light

dontilgon

Could anyone identify the model or company of the light n the photo. The shot was taken in 1986. Thanks in advance. I've been googling with
Kiss Asylum CC1 L (41).jpg
Kiss Asylum CC1 L (40).jpg
Kiss Asylum CC1 L (77).jpg
no luck. Almost like a needle in a haystack for a noobie

Sorry, bit before my time really. I am sure one of the other guys will chime in soon. It is certainly a PAR can with some sort of effect attached to the front. You can see the control cable in middle photo and just barely make out the plug on the bottom photo.

Its a Par64 with a scroller built on to the front, I also was told they were the first of the scroller units, I had about a dozen or so of these, for the life of me I cant remember what they were called....they were controlled from a briefcase controller. I do not have possession of them anymore...

Sorry I cant be of more help, if I think of the name I will let you know....

Sean...

Will ask some old timers at work about the scroller and can. Minds eye for me at least says something Creative Stage lighting for at least the can. Could be lots of PAR can brand and I'll look to see if I have one similar known. Brand of can perhaps could lead to brand of scroller though believe brands like I think Scimmer in name something like that would be original. Could be totally wrong in never much paid attention to scrollers.

The shot was taken in 1986.
Any idea WHERE the photos were taken? For some reason I suspect the UK. If I had to guess, I'd say a Thomas (James Thomas Engineering) parcan with a Rainbow (Rainbo? Chameleon?) scroller. I've never seen a Wybron scroller with spools that wrap around the fixture like that.

for the life of me I cant remember what they were called...
ColorWiz? ColorMax? (both Wybron products, but sold by GAM, Great American Market). Oh, or another non-DMX colour-changer, the ColourMag from LSD, Lighting & Sound Design.

These are the same exact build look like the ones I had except mine were black. The scroller is permanently attached to the front of the par, and if I remember, it had a 8 color scroll.... and they were heavy...

I let mine go (to a high school that had nothing) as I could not get the suitcase controller to work properly, but I still have the hundreds of feet of cable for them, not sure why, but there you go...surprised I got rid of them, I dont throw much away(hard to get away from stock thought process) my wif hates that...

I do know of one gentleman that could probably tell you more than you ever wanted to know, but alas I have lost his contact info, I will look again when I get to work tomorrow...

Do you have some? or just interested in them?

Sean...

Any idea WHERE the photos were taken? For some reason I suspect the UK. If I had to guess, I'd say a Thomas (James Thomas Engineering) parcan with a Rainbow (Rainbo? Chameleon?) scroller. I've never seen a Wybron scroller with spools that wrap around the fixture like that.

ColorWiz? ColorMax? (both Wybron products, but sold by GAM, Great American Market). Oh, or another non-DMX colour-changer, the ColourMag from LSD, Lighting & Sound Design.
Taken in USA for sure

Veri-lite ?

Veri-lite[sic] or Vari*Lite? If the latter, I don't recall Vari*Lite ever being in the par can market. They started with the VL-0 moving head and pretty much went up from there.

What in particular is it about these fixtures you want to get back? Is it the collectible/nostalgic nature, or are you just wanting a par can with a scroller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back