High school plays - what shows are you doing and have you done?

This coming year we are doing:

South Pacific (Fall)
Dark of the Moon (Spring)

Previous shows:

Annie Get Your Gun
The Diary of Anne Frank
Beauty and the Beast
Fools by Neil Simon

I try to rotate a contemporary musical with a classical broadway every other year. I also try to rotate a comedy and a drama as well. Works well with the IB Theatre curriculum.

In my time, our school has done:
Guys and Dolls
Talking With...+
Sweeney Todd
Grease*
12 Angry Jurors (aka 12 Angry Men)+
Bang Bang You're Dead+
Side By Side by Sondheim*
A Thurber Carnival*+
Paint Your Wagon*
Limbo*+
Juvie*+
The Triangle Factory Fire Project+
Big River*
Leaving Iowa+
(* denotes my involvement, + denotes a non-musical)

Announced for Next Year:
Once Upon a Mattress
Les Misérables

I'm praying we do Noises Off as our spring comedy, although the set is a bit involved. I can't get enough of it!

This year we're doing Eurydice and Aida.
I have been a part of Footloose, Clue, and Thoroughly Modern Millie.

we're doing a live version of "Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog" in our blackbox. then Seussical in the spring. in between, a couple of one-acts.

We have done,

Oklahoma
The Lady Pirates of Captain Bree
The Princess and the Pea
Guys and Dolls
The Wizard of Oz
Get Up and Go!
Back to the 80's The totally awesome musical!
Bedside Manor
Aladdin

And coming up this year, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown.

Romeo and Juliet (site specific all over the school)
The Pajama Game
The Odyssey
In the Darkroom (Grand Giugnol)
Seussical
Grease
Pericles
Tartuffe
Urinetown
The King Stag (Commedia dell'Arte)
Hedda Gabbler
The Visit
My Fair Lady
Elements (our annual student written sketch comedy show)

Some shows we nearly did: Rhinoceros, The Liar, Dogg's Hamlet and Cahoot's Macbeth, The Laramie Project

We also do a touring children's show every year and numerous student written works in our studio theatre. Our annual Summerstock comprises of other student written pieces and pieces too short for the mainstage (and therefore probably not worth mentioning)

My high school did:
Plays:
Much Ado About Nothing
Auntie Mame
The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged) - We completely rewrote this one, but we followed the general story line. I absolutely recommend this one if you have a cast that can pull it off.
The Crucible

Musicals:
High School Musical
Copacabana
Seussical
Willy Wonka

Side note about the musicals: we found that we had the best turn-outs for "kid shows" (HSM, Seussical, Wonka), repeatedly selling out (750 seats, 6 performances per season).

Found out that my high school went full circle this past fall. Arsenic and Old Lace was done in 2002 when I was in the 8th grade, and the director figured it was time to roll it out again this past October (2011)

A few more for the list:
Over The River And Through The Woods
Over The Tavern
Biedermann and the Firebugs
Paganini
The Imaginary Invalid
Reckless
Mariner
Gint

We're doing two shows this year (possibly three but it's unlikely).

• Seven Keys to Baldpate.
• Noise's Off.
• Possibly doing The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds in our black box space.

I've done the Drowsy Chaperone, Sweet Charity, Bus Stop, Voices From The High School (Awful show), and Happily Ever, Once Upon (Also not so great). This March we're doing Cats. I'm not very knowledgeable on what's overdone, but I love Don't Drink the Water by Woody Allen, which my school did before I got here. I also saw Noises Off listed a few times, so I'm going to guess it's pretty common, but I still think it's hilarious.

We've done:
James and the Giant Peach, The Crucible, Arsenic and Old Lace, The Intelligent Design of Jenny Chow, King and I, and Once Upon a Mattress to name a few. We are currently working on Singing in the Rain and Esperanza Rising.

Here's a selection of what my high school has done: Thoroughly Modern Millie, The Sound of Music, Pippin, Hello Dolly, West Side Story, The Tempest, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Odd Couple, Little Shop of Horrors, The Man Who Came to Dinner, and The Birds.

I work as a technical director, for a local high school.

Last year we did:
Those Crazy Ladies in the House of the Coroner
Bye Bye Birdie

This year we did:
A Bad Year for Tomatoes
and we are working on Sound of Music right now.

I am also a technical director at a few area high schools and I work with a high school summer program -- in total high school involvement-- I've done:
Inherit the Wind
The Music Man
Jabberwock
Joseph blah blah blah dreamcoat
I Remember Mama
Anything Goes
Titanic the Musical
Appointment with Death
Kiss Me Kate
Rent
Pippin
Beauty and the Beast
I never saw Another Butterfly
How to Succeed... Trying
MASH
Get Smart
Sweeney Todd
West Side Story
Bye Bye Birdie
Don't drink the water
and Currently I am working on
Hello Dolly and Legally Blonde

All of these were high school -- not counting college and other shows

Every year it seems like I'm reading through stacks of bad plays looking for something new. I get tired of plays that are over produced, even if they're still new to the students. Really, does anyone need to see Arsenic and Old Lace again? I had a list started on my computer that I was tracking by surfing different school websites, but I seem to have lost it.

Anyone who's tried to plan a high school season knows there isn't a great deal of material out there that is school appropriate, offers decent female roles, is reasonably current, and doesn't stink.

So...what plays did you do in high school? Those of you in high school, what are you doing / have you done? I'm mostly looking for non-musicals, but I'd love to hear some seasons out there. Other theater teachers frequently ask me this as well, so a list might be of value.

I'm a freshman in hs, and last year we did "Dames at Sea"(HS Theater Team) and "Beauty and the Beast"(MS Theater Team).
This year we have done "The Boyfriend"(HS Theater Team). We will be producing:
"The Wizard of Oz(MS Theater Team)" (Please email me if you have suggestions for effects, I need them!), and "The Lottery"(HS One Act Play Theater Team)

I like building my talent through all these shows :p

AS far as plays go I have been involved in The Laramie Project, which is simply amzing and powerful. And Almost, Maine which is pretty funny and has flexibility to have a cast on the larger side if need be.

Also a friend of mine recently did 12 Angry Jurors, at a high school not that far from my own.

Re: High school plays - what shows are you doing and havMe you done?

My school did Beauty and the Beast last year, and this year we are doing Les Miserables.

In no particular order, here we go. Keep in mind, it's one full blown musical a year through the high school music department.

Les Miserables
Guys & Dolls
Pirates of Penzance
Pajama Game
South Pacific
How To Succeed...
Meet Me In St. Louis
Fiddler on the Roof
Oklahoma
Anything Goes
Seven Brides...
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat