Hog 1000 and Chauvet LED Fixture Profiles

Randal02

Thanks in advance for helping the new guy.

The church I attend has just bought some Chauvet COLORdash Par-Hex 12's and 7's (which are quite nice) and asked me to patch them in to a Hog 1000 that was picked up at a fire sale.

HELP! Has anyone worked up a fixture profile for LED's for the Hog? I found I am not near smart enough. I even paid to have access to the Hog2 library generator to help, but it is above my head.

Easter is nearly here, and programming these fixtures as desk channels is a little tiresome.

Any advice or direction you can offer will be appreciated! Thank you!

If no one else gets one to you before me I can probably slam one together in the next day or two. I make them from scratch in Notepad, it's pretty easy only if you really know what you're doing. It's not just the personality that's gotta be made, it's a show file that includes it, and you might need to add the "UV" parameter since I don't think that exists in the list.

So one thing that I will need is a zipped version of the entire contents of your show disk, because I want to preserve any programming that you already have. I need to insert the text of the personality in to a file in that folder and modify another file. It's kind of a messy process, especially with preserving the original showfile.

Also, is 8ch mode okay? Dim - R - G - B - A - W - UV - Strobe.

The Hog 1000 is a great board, it just needs a little love. I still take them out on gigs from time to time; we have 3 in rental stock where I work. I also write the personalities for when we get new fixtures in to rental stock so that they work with the Hogs. I'll take a Hog 1000 over anything that runs Hog 3 any day if the 2 universes will cut it for me. You can also trick that effects generator on there in to giving you cool stuff if you know how to turn certain parameters in an effect off. Also, all of those buttons at the top can be cue executors, but that's kind of a big can of worms to open because having too many lists running on that thing can crash it.

Soundlight, I do not have any programming on the board yet -- I don't know if that makes it easier for you. The board was clean when I picked it up, so I just spent a few seconds patching in the conventionals and have spent the rest of the time trying to get the LED's in there. Would it save a step for you to insert the items in a blank show disk/file and email that to me? It won't take any time for me to re-patch in the conventionals. I think the hardest part will be finding a computer to copy the file onto a 3.5 floppy! (Besides, it won't take long to program with only conventionals and a dozen LED's.

8 channel would be great. That's what I have the fixtures addressed for.

I am looking forward to using the board. I like what I see, even if I am a generation or two behind. I cut my teeth on an ETC express, but haven't lit anything for 10 years. I am excited to get back after it.

Again, thanks for all of your help.

Hey man, sorry for the delay. I'll be able to shoot you a personality tomorrow. Things got a bit busy today. I'll load it on to a Hog 1K to confirm that it works and send it your way. I should be able to knock this out in the morning.

Oh how the world turns... I hope I caught you before you do any more work on this, as it appears I have other troubles now. When I started programming just the conventionals (again) last night, I got about 8 cues in and got an "insufficient memory" alert. Odd. I thought maybe there was some junk in there left from the previous owner, so I did a clean start, re-patched and started working on cues again and up popped the same alert after just a few cues. I messed around some more and got a very nice "Sorry, I've croaked..." message. I think I'm just going to send this baby back where it came from if I can. In the meantime, I pulled out the old Smartfade board and patched in and will use it to free hand the Easter services.

So, my adventure ends for now, but thanks for your willingness to help a new guy on the forum!

Oh ouch - you did catch me this morning and I'm just now getting back since you didn't need it - that sounds like a fun issue. I've never had that before. I'd recommend you still look at used Hog 500s/1000s. Great little boards, and people are giving them away for a song these days. As long as it's in good condition and is one of the newer blue/black ones (the old green/grey "Echelon" ones are a bit long in the tooth), it should be fine. Very easy to operate, and once you get looks put in to the faders anyone can bring up a fader and push a Go Button. I've seen good condition Hog 1000s go for around a grand recently on eBay, and even less sometimes on other used lighting sites.

Oh ouch - you did catch me this morning and I'm just now getting back since you didn't need it - that sounds like a fun issue. I've never had that before. I'd recommend you still look at used Hog 500s/1000s. Great little boards, and people are giving them away for a song these days. As long as it's in good condition and is one of the newer blue/black ones (the old green/grey "Echelon" ones are a bit long in the tooth), it should be fine. Very easy to operate, and once you get looks put in to the faders anyone can bring up a fader and push a Go Button. I've seen good condition Hog 1000s go for around a grand recently on eBay, and even less sometimes on other used lighting sites.

Hello! Im new to this forum but stumbled upon this posting as i am going through a very similar issue, i can see this thread is a little old, but was wondering if you have the profile you were mentioning? i have an Intimidator 450, and im using a Hog 1000 please let me know, ay help i can get is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back