Control/Dimming Hog IPC Control Surface Problem

Theatrrap

Today my Hog IPC did something it has never previously done. I have been working on this desk for about 4 months now. Today, several times, the control surface completely lost functionality. The touch screens still worked as did the keyboard, but the faders, mouse, and buttons are useless and all of the lights are off. A soft reset using the front power button restarts the console but it says that it is waiting for a control surface and cannot continue. A hard reset using the rear toggle switch starts the console in perfect functioning order, until this happens again. It seems to take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple hours for the problem to repeat. The only difference is that the theatre is about 50ºf today so a little colder then usual, but I assume these consoles should work even in freezing temperatures, let alone cold ones. The console was moved to a different location for our last even and was placed back here afterwards, but it was treated gently and with great care. Anyone have any possible solutions? I can have it sent in for repairs but that is very costly and time consuming if unnecessary. Thanks!

Well, I am not yet sure if this was the answer, but I have been running the console for several hours now and it hasn't had any problems yet so...

If you have the same problem I might try the following:

Power down the console, turn the toggle switch off, and unplug the power cable. Take the four allen screws out of the face of the console, lift the face up carefully, noting that there are several cable connections at the back side of the console. Unplug and replug the main power supply connection (the four cable connector with black yellow and red wires) and the USB cable. Put the front panel back on replacing the four screws, replug everything and start it up. I will come back and let you all know if this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Well, I am not yet sure if this was the answer, but I have been running the console for several hours now and it hasn't had any problems yet so...

If you have the same problem I might try the following:

Power down the console, turn the toggle switch off, and unplug the power cable. Take the four allen screws out of the face of the console, lift the face up carefully, noting that there are several cable connections at the back side of the console. Unplug and replug the main power supply connection (the four cable connector with black yellow and red wires) and the USB cable. Put the front panel back on replacing the four screws, replug everything and start it up. I will come back and let you all know if this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

I realized I never did update this. This solution seemed to work fine. My guess is that in moving the console repeatedly the connectors became loose causing the problem. Obviously I take no responsibility for damage caused by following the above steps, but this did work to solve the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back