House light for audience

I have a theater in the round. The stage in the center is equipped with Blizzard Hotbox fixture. The size of theater is 20m x 20m x 5m. Now I need to add the house light for the audience. The theater is for jazz and vocal.

Regarding other threads, people normally use downlight like Altman Chalice or Chroma-Q Inspire. But I am in Vietnam and cannot buy from ebay.com or amazon.com because they are not available. Can anyone tell me other types.

If not that type of downlight, anyone can tell me if I can use Blizzard lighting like Blizzard Hotstik for the house light projecting at audience.

Thank you all in advance.

I've seen everything except possibly open flame used as houselight, so in my experience, there isn't really a normal houselight fixture. What you use depends on a number of things, some of them technical, some of them personal taste. So a couple questions might help people give suggestions:

Is the ceiling 5m above the audience, just the stage or both?
I assume that you are trying to stick to LED fixtures, correct?
What manufacturers do you have access TO in Vietnam?

Thank you for your reply. You mean no need house light for the audience. Maybe all led lights at the stage will be enough. All led lights are counted to 32 no that are projecting light at 30 to 50 degree angle. To answer to your above questions:

The ceiling is 5m for the stage and 4.5m for the audience on average.
I am sticked to all Led Fixtures.
All the fixtures I buy from ebay not in Vietnam.

You mean no need house light for the audience
If you think you need them, you probably do. Difficult for me to make that judgement without being there.
4.5m for the audience
Use this to make sure that the fixture you choose covers as much area as you need.
All the fixtures I buy from ebay not in Vietnam
If that has worked for you in the past, might as well keep going there -- especially if you find yourself always buying from the same person / company.

You mean no need house light for the audience. Maybe all led lights at the stage will be enough.

Most likely not. In case of an emergency you really need to be able to have enough light for the audience to safely and quickly exit the theater.

If you like your hotbox fixtures, why not just buy more of those? Take a couple from the stage and hang them over the audience to see how many you will need. They are cheaper than the hotstik, and you can already experiment with them in your space before you buy more.

If you are buying off of ebay, it might be worth it to contact blizzard directly. I'm pretty sure everything they sell is manufactured in China, so they might be able to save you on shipping. Just a thought.

I intend o use led light fixtures that is downlight type warm white, 1250 lumen, beam angle 75 degree, 15 watt. The fixture spacing is @4m, the ceiling height is 4.5m on average. I am not sure this will be ok or not.

And they are controlled by dim controller. When performers are not on show the dim percentage will be high, and in contrast when the performers are on show the dim percentage will be let on low. So is this method will be suitable or not.

Those sound like they will do the job for you just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back