Ion Hazer Parameters on Subs

dwdavedw

I'd like to put the Haze parameters on a fader wing for the SM to adjust as needed depending
on how the air is moving in the theater. The Hazer is patched as a device, with the wheels controlling Haze and
Fan, How would I assign these two parameters to two faders on the wing? Obviously putting the channel number on
a fader won't do it, need to address the two parameters.

Welcome to Control Booth. I suggest stopping by the new member forum and letting us know a bit more about you and where you do your bit.

I'm not so sure that the simple route doesn't work. The default mode for subs includes 'non-intensity parameters' so it will record whatever is going on at that moment. One of the great features of the board is that the simple stuff doesn't take a lot of effort. You will not need to work with low level addresses, just the specific device features. If I'm off on this someone will surely come by and let us both know!

Other sub modes include intensity only and effect masters which give let you limit what the sub does. Note that you can also record a sub, and then edit it to remove parameters. Select the unwanted setting and '@ enter" to clear the value, rather than just forcing it to zero.

Open the CIA or ML control.
Set flow and fan to full for the channel.
  • Chan 302 Haze Full Enter
  • Channel 302 Blower Full Enter
Use the buttons in the CIA or ML to post "Haze" and "Blower" to the command line. You can also use the encoders or vritual encoders in the ML control.

Record to subs:
  • Chan 302 Haze Record Sub 1 Label Haze Enter
  • Chan 302 Blower Record Sub 2 Label Fan Enter
The Radiance blower won't operate if Haze is at 0, at least not mine.

If I remember correctly, we just parked both haze parameters at full, and recorded an inhibitive submaster to control it. There's a few different ways to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back