Vintage Lighting Leninbach [Linnebach] lighting instrument?

LKO2017

Hello!

I am looking for information on what my prof. calls a Leninbach (pronounced Lenin-Bach) instrument. It is a single source projector. It uses a 2000W lamp, no lens, metal construction.

I have looked all over the internet and I cannot locate any information about this light. I am not sure if Leninbach is the correct name for it, or if I am spelling it correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Mainly I am looking for manufacturer info and any data sheets that might be associated with them. Also looking for possible dates constructed etc.

Thanks!

on what my prof. calls a Leninbach (pronounced Lenin-Bach)
Someone is saying it wrong, hence the misspelling. Properly pronounced (preferably with a German accent): Linna bock.

Mainly I am looking for manufacturer info and any data sheets that might be associated with them. Also looking for possible dates constructed etc.
As noted above, the CB wiki entry Linnebach Projector has links to the Altman and Kliegl Bros. models. Century Lighting had one as well. Adolf invented it about 1900 and the last manufacturer, Altman, discontinued theirs in the 1980s or 90s I believe. I've used/built them myself out of plywood. All one really needs is a box, a socket, and a way of mounting the slide(s), which can be painted glass or plastic. The smaller the filament the sharper the image, but since most of the output is wasted, one needs a fairly bright lamp, hence Kliegl's 2100W, 60V model was popular, even though it was a 50 hour life lamp.

Adolf Linnebach – Wikipedia

Linnebach lantern - Wikipedia isn't particularly accurate regarding use or type of lamp for US theatres.

I had to restore one in college, it had a really fadded Local 1 bug on it and was dated at 1918 for the year of manufacture. I know there is info about it in J. Michael Gilletes book.

Leinenkugel projector, only in Wisconsin.

No thats New Glarus :dance:
!
$_35.JPG

I once made two for a show out of two 1948 Century #1560 8" Leko's. Lens train up to gate was removed, reflector covered, painted filters had to be hand focused to optimize for the 2Kw lamps but they worked great. Or at least they gave something of an image but given the size of the filament couldn't really produce a very graphic image.

Very similar in concept to a scene machine except they used dual and at times more condenser lenses to refine the image. I have a few drop in examples from 1911 made to slip into the gel frames of old PC fixtures, and some R&V scene machines from the 50's.

Never seen an actual Linnebach projector, urr yea the above "I have one"... I have a museum to display it. PM if interested in giving it to a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back