Leprecon connections

I just bought a used Leprecon LD-2400 dimmer pack and I want to use my Leprecon LP 1524 to control it in addition to the MX2400 board I already use (giving me 18 dimmers instead of 12.) I have no cable for it and don't have the skills to make one, and I read that analog doesn't travel well anyway. From a previous thread on Control Booth (of which I understood about 15%) I got the idea to contact Northern. They have this:

• The Northlight Systems ENCM8 board is capable of receiving DMX512A and legacy versions.
  • The encoders will convert 8, 0 - 10 VDC, analog inputs into DMX512.
  • Analog inputs of 0 - 5 VDC is available on request.
  • The Start Address is used to determine the position of the analog voltage in the DMX output data stream. This way the analog input can be used to control any DMX channel.
  • Jumper setting to hold the last valid DMX input or have the output go to zero on DMX loss.
  • Receives all 512 DMX channels.
  • Will output all received DMX512 channels with no changes.
  • Will not respond to RDM.
  • Merge boards can be used as a DMX "fixer". Output is rock steady with timing appropriate for older receivers, also strips RDM data.

Will this do what I need to do? And if so, how do I connect all the pieces? Thanks so much for any help you can give.

The board that you reference takes analog signals and converts them to DMX. I believe that what you are looking for is a device that takes a DMX signal and converts the channels to separate analog outputs. Here is one from the same manufacturer:
http://northlightdmx.com/dmx512decoder.htm

The analog outputs on the board are screw terminal. The analog input on the dimmer pack is a 8-pin Cinch-Jones connector. A wire harness needs to be made to connect the two. Pins 1 through 6 are the analog inputs and pin 8 is the common.

I just bought a used Leprecon LD-2400 dimmer pack and I want to use my Leprecon LP 1524 to control it in addition to the MX2400 board I already use (giving me 18 dimmers instead of 12.) I have no cable for it and don't have the skills to make one, and I read that analog doesn't travel well anyway. From a previous thread on Control Booth (of which I understood about 15%) I got the idea to contact Northern. They have this:

Analog control signals can actually go a very long distance, so there is really not a problem there. I guess there is no analog output connector on the rear of your console? It was an option on the LP-1524; that would eliminate the need for a DMX to analog converter.
You will also need a DMX jumper cable to daisy-chain from the MX2400 to the converter.
Anyway, I would be willing to construct the cable for you and a converter that would give you expansion capabilities in the future. If interested, please use the "Start a New Conversation" tab under the "In Box" tab at the top of the page and we'll talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back