Leprecon LP-X24 issues

partyanimal

Hello, can anyone give me some feedback on some issues I'm having with my LP-X24?

First issue: I'm using the console with keyboard, mouse and monitor connected but I was having issues typing on the keyboard in dim lighting so I sourced a TG3 Electronics MDS2000 backlit keyboard/touchpad combo, a really great heavy duty unit. I connected it to the console via the two PS/2 connectors, started up the console and tested it out. The touchpad worked great, no jumping or glitching but the keyboard output garbage ie: duplicating wrong characters, some keys had no function etc. I tested the keyboard on a desktop computer and there was no problem, it worked fine. What could be the issue here?

Second issue: The console accepts a VGA monitor to simplify use and the manual states that the ELO 1525L touchscreen monitor will work. Unfortunately the manual did not state that only certain models of the 1525L touchscreen will work with the console and I decided to purchase an ELO 1525. I discovered that firstly, ELO monitors are very expensive and secondly, that the 1525L was discontinued. So I purchased a 1529L, which did not work via touchscreen when I tried it. Apparently, Leprecon forgot to mention in the user manual that ONLY the IntelliTouch model of touchscreen monitors will work and the AccuTouch, APR and Capacitive do not. So, I purchased a second 1529L (the first was AccuTouch) this one was a 1529L Intellitouch. This did not work either. Can anyone out there help me with these issues?

Buy the Right Monitor.

I would assume that it only has the drivers for the specific monitor and nothing else.

As far as the first problem I would say that the keyboard/pad combo also requires drivers and is to smart for the console. I would revert back to the standard keyboard and get a lit light for the console.

Hello, can anyone give me some feedback on some issues I'm having with my LP-X24?

First issue: I'm using the console with keyboard, mouse and monitor connected but I was having issues typing on the keyboard in dim lighting so I sourced a TG3 Electronics MDS2000 backlit keyboard/touchpad combo, a really great heavy duty unit. I connected it to the console via the two PS/2 connectors, started up the console and tested it out. The touchpad worked great, no jumping or glitching but the keyboard output garbage ie: duplicating wrong characters, some keys had no function etc. I tested the keyboard on a desktop computer and there was no problem, it worked fine. What could be the issue here?

Second issue: The console accepts a VGA monitor to simplify use and the manual states that the ELO 1525L touchscreen monitor will work. Unfortunately the manual did not state that only certain models of the 1525L touchscreen will work with the console and I decided to purchase an ELO 1525. I discovered that firstly, ELO monitors are very expensive and secondly, that the 1525L was discontinued. So I purchased a 1529L, which did not work via touchscreen when I tried it. Apparently, Leprecon forgot to mention in the user manual that ONLY the IntelliTouch model of touchscreen monitors will work and the AccuTouch, APR and Capacitive do not. So, I purchased a second 1529L (the first was AccuTouch) this one was a 1529L Intellitouch. This did not work either. Can anyone out there help me with these issues?

Have you talked to Leprecon about which current ELO touchscreen monitor is compatible with your LP-X24 or if they have drivers available for the monitor you have? I've always found their tech support to be great. I think you may be making too many assumptions about compatibility with an embedded OS!

Just a post to say "Thank You" to Leprecon Lighting's support staff who assisted me with the rewiring of an older model LP-X24 to accept touch screen ability. I could not have done it without those guys. Special mention must go out to Larry Klenk and Don Stauffer. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back