Control/Dimming LightFactory and a church

Anyone run LightFactory in a church environment? I've used it several times for theatrical gigs but never in a church. I know it will work but my question is what about the novice user who comes in and needs to turn on a few lights? I am planning to get at least the fader wing but if someone has a suggestion for a configuration, I'm all ears.

TIA!

I agree that a simple wall mount preset station is the way to go.

A pocket console would also be a good option - just patch it to whatever you're willing to hand over control of (house lights, stage wash, cleaning preset, etc).

+1 for the Fleenor Preset 10. I put one in about a month ago and it's worked flawlessly. My novice users haven't been able to find a way to mess it up. It's solid, simple to use, and simple to program. Fade time can be adjusted and with 10 presets, you could feasibly run a really simple show from it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Thanks for the ideas!

I need something more flexible than an architectural system. Problem is they are getting into more and more lighting for their contemporary services. Currently they are running multiple controls for different sets of lights. They are even looking into intelligent fixtures once they have the money for it. They just purchased a new digital Midas sound console so they aren't too shy to use the tech. One of my other options is to get an ETC Element but I'm not sure that will fit their budget right now.

Thanks for the ideas!

I need something more flexible than an architectural system. Problem is they are getting into more and more lighting for their contemporary services. Currently they are running multiple controls for different sets of lights. They are even looking into intelligent fixtures once they have the money for it. They just purchased a new digital Midas sound console so they aren't too shy to use the tech. One of my other options is to get an ETC Element but I'm not sure that will fit their budget right now.

Guess I totally mis-understood your initial post. Something for "the novice user who needs to come in and turn on a few lights" doesn't immediately call up the image of an ETC Element in my mind.o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back