Link Faders Together--Allen & Heath

jfremm

Hello everyone,

I am wondering how to link multiple faders together so if I bring up a designated master fader, the others will follow suit. I've looked in the manual, but cannot seem to find the answer.

Thank you for the help!

Are you wanting the actual physical fader values to change with one master? I have a GLD80 and I'm not aware of that possibility, but it does have DCA's that you can assign channels to control the master value of a group, but it won't change the individual channel values.

The GLD series has a "Ganging" page that will accomplish what you want, however it's limited to absolute linking of values (so if the master is -5dB, *every* ganged fader is -5dB.) This also means none of the faders are really a "master" or "slave" - they're all interlinked. Alternatively you can use a DCA, which IMO is easier and more versatile than the ganging feature in this respect anyway.

I imagine the iLive series would have something similar to the GLD series "ganging".

You can indeed gang things together - at least in iLive v1.94 and higher. They are basically fader links, so that they all move together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back