Long Nose Marker

porkchop

I was listening to a Maker podcast and they mentioned a particular marker they used for marking cuts in the woodshop. It's made by Fastcap (Who appears to be a strange novelty tool company) and called the Long Nose Marker. It looks like a super fine Sharpie with a 1+" long point. Looks pretty neat. Amazon charges more for shipping than the piece itself right now, but I'm not going to lie I'm casually looking out for a place to get one for a reasonable price.

looks good for laying out drill patterns from a (thick) wood template maybe, but an awl works for that too. Maybe for that one reference line you're trying to scribe in a tight space... I don't think it would get a lot of use in my shop

Ink on wood? Shame!:naughty:

Its like a crossword puzzle, ink is fine as long as you don't screw up. Although for some illogical reason, it just doesn't seem right to use a pen. Maybe the industry should go old school and starts using marking knives

Its like a crossword puzzle, ink is fine as long as you don't screw up. Although for some illogical reason, it just doesn't seem right to use a pen. Maybe the industry should go old school and starts using marking knives

Pencils man, pencils! And NOT carpenter pencils either.

I agree, pencil or scribe on wood! That is unless its going to be inside a wall or some such, then have at it with the marker.
Ive seen enough marks seep right through paint because someone used a marker, not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back