Conventional Fixtures Lycian 1290 XLT not running sharp

I have a Lycian 1290 XLT that isn't running sharp anymore. My supervisor replaced the 100 CFM Axial fan from the bottom of the unit last year but we don't think it caused any issue with focus. I've also benched the lamp and it is centered and focused. Willing to hear anyone's opinions and ideas.

I have a Lycian 1290 XLT that isn't running sharp anymore. My supervisor replaced the 100 CFM Axial fan from the bottom of the unit last year but we don't think it caused any issue with focus. I've also benched the lamp and it is centered and focused. Willing to hear anyone's opinions and ideas.

Did the rear lens get knocked/moved off the boomerang adjustment system ?.

So, the problem started around the same time as the fan change? If you open the iris all the way, has the max width changed? The reason I ask this is that some zoom settings give you a sharper edge than others. Just the nature of optics in an imperfect world. Could be the rear lens was set to a different point to get access to the fan, and then not moved back. You would still achieve focus with the front lens and not know there was a problem unless you had two spots side-by-side and saw the brightness was different.

What specifically do you mean by not running sharp? Did you call Lycian about this issue? Bench/Center/Focus a part of not being sharp? What about in doing so didn't say not make hard edge, flat field with a same color of hard edge ring around the edge of the beam? Fixture been moved? How old the lamp? Any power supply changes?

Ship, I fixed the problem, the cable that pulls the rear lens came off the pulley. Since it was no longer under tension it wasn't moving the lens the entire distance it needed to move in order for the beam to get a hard edge.

Ship, I fixed the problem, the cable that pulls the rear lens came off the pulley. Since it was no longer under tension it wasn't moving the lens the entire distance it needed to move in order for the beam to get a hard edge.
Always good to do the simple and easy to inspect first. Way good on finding and fixing it yourself! Glad you found it. Seen that problem many times before but been a few years since I was the #2 person to go to on the light as per an expert. Sorry I forgot about this in checking the easy. Love the 1290 over other followspots except if I have to carry them up into a football stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back