Automated Fixtures MAC 250+ DMX Control Issue

Sama

Hey everyone. I'm having some problems controlling our MAC 250+ with our new Element console.

When hooking the console directly into the fixture (10 foot DMX cable + 5-pin to 3-pin converter), everything works fine. However, now that the 250 is hung, it won't respond to input from the console. Neither the patch nor the settings on the light have changed. The only difference is the DMX signal is now being run through the house wiring.

The 250 is on a separate universe from the dimmers, and there is no feasible way of reconciling that. Currently, the Element is connected to a wall panel with 2 DMX male ports (one universe for the dimmers, one JUST for the moving light). Don't ask me why we needed two. I'm not sure how that wiring runs, but the stage right wing has another panel with both male and female DMX ports for the second universe.

Attached to the female port is a DMX cable that runs up into the catwalks and into the fixture (with a converter).

Is there a way to test the connection between the two wall panels? Or could something else be causing this problem?

Thanks
Sam

This is a tricky one.
Its good that you have confirmed that the fixture actually works and responds to DMX.

Do you have more of these 250's?
Do you have other intelligent lights in the chain on your intelligent lights universe?

Can you confirm that when the light is sitting in front of you and you have patched it and it responds it is running off the same universe as when it is plugged into the house wiring?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back