Mac 250 Gobo error

If you're comfortable, open up the base and check that:
- The wire from the gobo motor/board to the PCB is connected (blow out dust with compressed air for electronics if need be)
- There are no gobos that are stuck, falling out of the wheel, or that the wheel isn't jammed.
- The gobo wheel motor still functions.

You could also try the suggestions in this thread from the Martin forums.

If all else fails, contact Martin!

Agree with everything said by petercav. I believe that as long as you're comfortable getting in the fixture you will find that a lot of issues are either dust or vibration related and easily remedied (if it's your rig or you have consent of course).

Only things I would add to what has already been said:
-Make sure if you are using canned air that it has an exit as well, blowing dust deeper into the base is obviously a little counterproductive.
-If you have one handy, a multimeter with continuity function is something that has helped me in the past. It's easy to overlook compromises in small gauge wires and the actual conductor inside the line can end up being damaged sometimes and not showing through the more forgiving insulation.
-Above all else, go slow and stop if you encounter something which you are not comfortable assesing

Best of luck, let us know how things work out for you!

I believe the sensor for that wheel is magnetic, check on the gobo wheel if the metal strip has fallen off. Its happened to me before, if it did the magnetic sensor won't see it and it won't know where its 0 position is. It is possible the sensor has gone bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back