These Ads will no longer appear once you have logged into ControlBooth.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting Rosco I-Cue Upside Down???

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by lighttech11, Mar 14, 2012.

1. lighttech11

lighttech11 New Member

So, I want to set up some source 4's with rosco I Cue's on floor plates on the deck, to act as sort of deck moving lights or deck moving mirrors shooting upwards. They would act mostly as just atmospheric lights (i am using haze and fog). So I'm basically trying to mimic having moving lights on the deck. However, when trying to think about the logistics of doing this, I realized that the Rosco I-Cue is built only for mounting on fixtures that will be in a high position and shooting downwards. In order to get the effect I want, I would essentially need to put the i-cue in the gel frame holder upside down, which probably wouldn't work very well as they'd probably want to fall out.

Has anyone else attempted this, mounting I-Cues on deck units for shooting upwards? Do you have any suggestions on how to make this work? I was frankly considering just getting some good old shop c-clamps and clamping it to the fixture to keep it on. Any thoughts or suggestion? Any ideas or experiences would be much appreciated! Thanks!
  2. venuetech

venuetech Active Member

aud man
    If i recall right You could have the fixture right side up and the I-Cue upside down. there is no need to mount the fixture itself upside down. just keep the frame clips in their normal position.
  3. venuetech

venuetech Active Member

aud man
    Ok Im wong with that first answer, thought there was an adapter plate on the icue.
    light.jpg
    the icue could easily be supported by the floor. You would want to temporarily secure it into the frame clips with bailing wire.
  4. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

The widest range of motion will likely be with the fixture hanging from a short boom or goal post, pointing straight down, ala Beam Bender.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. joeb

joeb Member

The icue should work fine if you close the gel frame clip. The two tensioning pieces on the icues tend to hold them very tightly in the first gel slot of a source four, and the clip will also help.
  6. DrPinto

DrPinto Active Member

uʍop ǝpısdn ǝuıɟ ʞɹoʍ pןnoɥs ʇı
  7. Kelite

Kelite Apollo Staff Premium Member

You crack me up DrPinto- ;)
  8. MPowers

MPowers Well-Known Member

As a Rosco dealer I felt I had to get the info for you, I'm not really a lighting guy any more so I went to the source. The following is from Damon Hatten, Senior Account Representative Mid-West U.S. Rosco US.

Hope this helps.