Multiplay adding bass

In need of some urgent help here, got a show tomorrow and were playing the sound cues from Multiplay and as i was checking my cues i found that the cues played from Multiplay sound much more bassy and there is less top end on them compared to when played from the original track. Anyone had this problem or know a fix as I haven't been able to find an internal EQ or anything within the software and everything i have checked so far looks normal.

Check the computer's sound card settings. Turn off any "enhancements."

I agree it must be something to do with your computer, other than multiplay. It does not have any EQ of it's own (even though it would be handy some times). However there could be something up with codecs, drivers, or software. What multiplay sends should be flat, the same as if you were to play it back in any audio program with nothing applied.

The software for your sound card could indeed be applying EQ, seems the more likely situation. Even though I've never really seen that happen on it's own (save from telling the software you plugged in heaphones or what not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back