Multiverse receivers and older Show Baby transmitter?

bobh66

I have some Colorsource Spot V fixtures and I'm trying to control them using a non-Multiverse Show Baby transmitter (firmware 1.4.0.9.0.138). The fixtures are seeing the transmitter, good signal strength and quality, the dot indicator is solid, but I'm not getting any RDM from them on my Ion and I can't control them from the console.

I have the Universe set to 1 and the Show Key is 000. Show ID is 201 which I assume is correct or the radios wouldn't connect.

Is this a supported configuration? Is there a specific Show Key or Universe value for older Show Baby? Or do a need a Multiverse Transmitter/Show Baby to talk to the fixtures?

Thanks

Bob Haddleton

It never fails that I find the problem after posting. Control works fine - someone had repatched the DMX feed for the Show Baby so it was on the wrong universe. RDM is still not showing up, and I can see other devices so I know it's not the Show Baby.

Hi Bob,

A note with RDM from the ION through the SHoW Baby since the SHoW Baby doesn't have a DMX address it will not show up. You could see it with concert or an RDM controller such as a DMXcat but unless the firmware has been updated recently and I didn't notice not through the ION.

Also in order to see devices down line of your transmitting SHoW Baby you will need to make sure that RDM traffic is turned on. Just be sure to turn it back off when done making any changes.

Sorry to piggyback off this topic, but I'm trying to get a Multiverse Show Baby to connect to my ColorSource Spot V's and am just not having any luck. I have all the default settings from the Show Baby and have them matching in the light I'm trying to turn on. But there is just no sign of a connection aside from confirming that the ShowBaby has DMX and is transmitting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to piggyback off this topic, but I'm trying to get a Multiverse Show Baby to connect to my ColorSource Spot V's and am just not having any luck. I have all the default settings from the Show Baby and have them matching in the light I'm trying to turn on. But there is just no sign of a connection aside from confirming that the ShowBaby has DMX and is transmitting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
When using the ColorSource Spot V with a SHoW Baby you need to make sure that the Spot V is set to a Neo SHoW ID. Since MV show ids are 5 digit and Neo are 3 they use an indicator light when setting the SHoW ID. Make sure that there is a light on in the top right of the LED display when you are setting the SHoW ID. That will indicate that the Spot V is in Neo mode. So if using the default SHoW ID make sure you have the Spot V set to 201 with and dot in the top right.

If you take a look at the manual for the spot V the wireless sections describes the setup.

When using the ColorSource Spot V with a SHoW Baby you need to make sure that the Spot V is set to a Neo SHoW ID. Since MV show ids are 5 digit and Neo are 3 they use an indicator light when setting the SHoW ID. Make sure that there is a light on in the top right of the LED display when you are setting the SHoW ID. That will indicate that the Spot V is in Neo mode. So if using the default SHoW ID make sure you have the Spot V set to 201 with and dot in the top right.

If you take a look at the manual for the spot V the wireless sections describes the setup.
That really did not make sense when I read it in the manual. Thank you Harrison for your assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back