pelican vs storm vs nanuk vs seahorse

LavaASU

Which one is the best? I have a nanuk carry on size one that I use as a tool box. Thinking about getting a second one to use as an actual carry on (they keep gate checking half the bags and I've had too many things get broken). I don't love the pelican latches. I do love the nanuk latches, but it doesn't seem as sturdy as the pelicans. Never used a storm case (that I remember).

Storm is owned by Pelican now, not sure if they've changed any designs or consolidated the product lines at all.

Never played with a nanuk case. *Some* Storm cases have an easier latch mechanism than the pelicans.

There are still some differences in the Storm/Pelican latches, but I still would prefer Nanuk cases. Also, if you ever plan on using the Nanuk cases for anything other than a tool case, there are a few other benefits to them.

Not used the Nanuk cases so can't comment on them in particular. That said, I bought my current tool box (a Peli 1610) about 10 years ago now and its still hollding up to be lobbed in and out of trucks on a almost daily basis. The catches can be a bit of a pain but I've never been unsure if the catch has done up!

I love my Storm case. Latches are easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back