Portable lighting console recommendations

llecount

We've started to pick up some extra events on campus lately, and most of them have required some sort of lighting needs. I'd like to find an affordable software based lighting solution that we can take to these events without dragging our ETC Element out of our main PAC.
An ideal solution would be something that can easily control our 4 Robe movers, portable sensor rack, and (in the near future) LED lighting.
Most of our events are small concerts and DJ gigs.

I've seen several posts about MagicQ here, but can it be utilized with just a laptop and a USB-DMX adapter? Do we need any of their fader wings to use the movers?

Thanks

MagiQ can be used just with the laptop and the dongle. The wings just make it easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ETC Smartfade ML could work nicely for you - it certainly has for me during parties and all that. Its permanent home though is our Telecom studio though, so I only get to steal it occasionally...

Either would work, the extra wing does make it easier. There are some other options but these two would top my list.

We've started to pick up some extra events on campus lately, and most of them have required some sort of lighting needs. I'd like to find an affordable software based lighting solution that we can take to these events without dragging our ETC Element out of our main PAC.
An ideal solution would be something that can easily control our 4 Robe movers, portable sensor rack, and (in the near future) LED lighting.
Most of our events are small concerts and DJ gigs.

I've seen several posts about MagicQ here, but can it be utilized with just a laptop and a USB-DMX adapter? Do we need any of their fader wings to use the movers?

Thanks

It might be cheaper to buy a flight case for your Element than buying a computer and wing/assorted gear for a computer solution... it can even be on wheels and double as a box to store other stuff in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back