Profile on Obsession II

Good Afternoon CB friends,

As I am learning how to use our new Obsession II lightboard and things are going well I am a little confused and am looking for a little help.

I have a bunch of LED fixtures that use 5 channels:

1 - effects channel (looking for a value between 0 and 255)
2 - Red
3 - Green
4 - Blue
5 - Speed of effect from Channel 1 (looking for a value between 0 and 255)

I am using a 1:1 patch and can control the lights without any issue. I can bring up channel 1 and channel 5 and get an effect but can only send a fully from 0 to Full. Red, Green and Blue work great.

I am thinking that somehow those two channel 1 and 5 need to be set to something else or I need to create some type of profile for these fixtures, to be able to send the values to those channels.

Further, if there is anyone in the Southeast MA area who know the Obsession and might be willing to donate a few hours to a non-profit, It would be great to get a few lessons on this board from someone who knows it. I know there is a lot I can do with it and I am just limping along trying to learn from the manual.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim

Your console IS sending 0 to 255 (that's DMX protocol); it's just doing the math from what it displays as 0-100. So if you set 50%, it's actually sending ~127. If your LEDs, like many, require the control or effects channel to be set to a specific value to tell the fixtures to respond to the RGB channels (check the manual). Just divide the value by 2.56 to get the 0-100 equivalent.

You could create an ML Profile for the RGB fixtures, but it's probably easier to just keep using them as individual channels, and just make notes of what % values(0-100) correspond to the 0-255 ranges of effects that you're looking for.

Benefits of a profile:
You can create/use a color library for pre-mixed colors
you can use the encoders to mix rather than manually entering values
Palettes/presets might work better? I'm a little fuzzy on this one, as I mostly used conventionals and CXI scrollers when I was on an O2.

I'm in Boston, so if you have specific questions or would really like someone to work with you for a couple hours, feel free to send me a PM. (It's been a couple years since I've programmed a show on the O2, but still happy to help out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back